strace 6.3 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at strace.io
Mon May 8 21:08:31 UTC 2023
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 6.3 is tagged and uploaded.
$ git tag -v v6.3 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
Noteworthy changes in strace 6.3 (2023-05-08)
* Implemented --trace-fds=set option for filtering only the syscalls
that operate on the specified set of file descriptors.
* Implemented --decode-fds=signalfd option for decoding of signal masks
associated with signalfd file descriptors.
* Implemented --syscall-limit option to automatically detach tracees
after capturing the specified number of syscalls.
* Implemented --argv0 option to set argv of the command being executed.
* Implemented decoding of PR_GET_MDWE and PR_SET_MDWE operations of prctl
* Implemented decoding of IP_LOCAL_PORT_RANGE socket option.
* Implemented decoding of IFLA_BRPORT_MCAST_N_GROUPS,
IFLA_GRO_IPV4_MAX_SIZE, and TCA_EXT_WARN_MSG netlink attributes.
* Updated lists of F_SEAL_*, IFLA_*, IORING_*, MFD_*, NFT_*, TCA_*,
and V4L2_PIX_FMT_* constants.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 6.3.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed build on hppa with uapi headers from Linux >= 6.2.
* Fixed --status filtering when -c option is in use.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Elvira Khabirova
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Jakub Wilk
* John Reiser
* Kossi Glokpor
* Marty Leisner
* Masatake YAMATO
* Matoro Mahri
* Sahil Siddiq
* Sven Schnelle
Please refer to the CREDITS file for the full list of strace contributors.
More information about the Strace-devel