strace 5.17 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Sun Mar 27 12:29:26 UTC 2022
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 5.17 is tagged and uploaded.
$ git tag -v v5.17 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
Noteworthy changes in strace 5.17 (2022-03-26)
* Added 64-bit LoongArch architecture support.
* Extended personality designation syntax of syscall specification expressions
to support all at pers and %class at pers.
* Enhanced rejection of invalid syscall numbers in syscall specification
* Implemented decoding of set_mempolicy_home_node syscall, introduced
in Linux 5.17.
* Implemented decoding of IFLA_GRO_MAX_SIZE and TCA_ACT_IN_HW_COUNT netlink
* Implemented decoding of PR_SET_VMA operation of prctl syscall.
* Implemented decoding of siginfo_t.si_pkey field.
* Implemented decoding of LIRC ioctl commands.
* Updated lists of FAN_*, IORING_*, IOSQE_*, KEY_*, KVM_*, MODULE_INIT_*,
TCA_ACT_*, and *_MAGIC constants.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 5.17.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Jonathan Borne
* Masatake YAMATO
* Sean Young
* Slava Bacherikov
* Sven Schnelle
* WANG Xuerui
Please refer to the CREDITS file for the full list of strace contributors.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel