GSoC: Introducing myself

Ashutosh Pandey ashutosh at gnu.org
Mon Mar 14 07:42:42 UTC 2022

 > I am interested in this project because of a general interest in
 > profiling/tracing/code coverage in general. I've previously worked on
 > enabling code coverage using gcov for GLibC. ex:
 > https://github.com/ashpande/glibc-cov

Interesting.  Have you tried to contribute this work to glibc?

I did try. I presented the work at the #6 ELISA (Enabling Linux in
Safety Applications) workshop.
https://elisa.tech/blog/2021/02/11/a-look-back-at-the-6th-elisa-workshop/
. There's a youtube video of the talk as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wppa9MTNzvo&t .

Unfortunately after posting the patch in the glibc mailing list there
were questions on whether this feature was needed or not (ELISA required
it for ISO 26262 compliance) and later I moved on to other things I guess.

Anyways, I went through the https://strace.io/wiki/MicroProjects page
and I look forward to opening up a thread with it!

Regards,

Ashutosh Pandey