GSoC: Introducing myself

Ashutosh Pandey ashutosh at gnu.org
Sat Mar 12 19:15:23 UTC 2022

Hello,

I'm Ashutosh Pandey, and I am interested in taking part in GSoC with
strace. I am a computer science major from India and I work on compilers
(Clang/Flang/LLVM) at AMD.

I am interested in this project because of a general interest in
profiling/tracing/code coverage in general. I've previously worked on
enabling code coverage using gcov for GLibC. ex:
https://github.com/ashpande/glibc-cov

I look forward to contributing to strace. I am currently looking at the
'Comprehensive test suite' project and 'Support for alternative tracing
backends'. The former seems straightforward but the latter will require
some work to prove competence. I have used gdb but I haven't explored
the stub protocol. I'll go through the repository in more detail and try
to submit useful pull requests!

Thank you for your time,

Ashutosh Pandey,

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashupdsce/