strace 5.18 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Sat Jun 18 20:09:23 UTC 2022
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 5.18 is tagged and uploaded.
$ git tag -v v5.18 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
Noteworthy changes in strace 5.18 (2022-06-18)
* Added an interface of raising des Strausses awareness.
* Added --tips option to print strace tips, tricks, and tweaks
at the end of the tracing session.
* Enhanced decoding of bpf and io_uring_register syscalls.
* Implemented decoding of COUNTER_*, RTC_PARAM_GET, and RTC_PARAM_SET ioctl
* Updated lists of BPF_*, BR_*, BTRFS_*, IFA_*, IFLA_*, IORING_*, KEY_*,
KVM_*, MADV_*, and UFFD_* constants.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 5.18.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed printing of the updated value of union bpf_attr.next_id
on the exiting of bpf(BPF_*_GET_NEXT_ID) calls.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Andreas Schwab
* Bruce Ashfield
* Christian Brauner
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Elvira Khabirova
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Greg Kroah-Hartman
* Max Filippov
* Mickaël Salaün
Please refer to the CREDITS file for the full list of strace contributors.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel