strace 5.16 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Mon Jan 10 11:56:55 UTC 2022
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 5.16 is tagged and uploaded.
$ git tag -v v5.16 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
Noteworthy changes in strace 5.16 (2022-01-10)
* Implemented --secontext=mismatch option to find mismatches in SELinux
* Implemented decoding of futex_waitv syscall introduced in Linux 5.16.
* Implemented decoding of BPF_LINK_GET_NEXT_ID and BPF_LINK_GET_FD_BY_ID bpf
* Enhanced decoding of BPF_MAP_CREATE, BPF_PROG_TEST_RUN, and BPF_PROG_LOAD
bpf syscall commands.
* Enhanced decoding of BTRFS_IOC_FS_INFO ioctl command.
* Updated lists of AUDIT_*, BPF_*, BTRFS_*, DEVCONF_*, FAN_*, ETH_P_*,
IPV4_DEVCONF_*, KVM_*, NDA_*, SO_*, and V4L2_* constants.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 5.16.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed build for older Android.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Ahelenia Ziemiańska
* André Almeida
* Chih-Hsuan Yen
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Paul Chaignon
* Renaud Métrich
* Sahil Kang
Please refer to the CREDITS file for the full list of strace contributors.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel