Proposing SELinux support in strace

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Fri Mar 19 11:51:25 UTC 2021

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 09:29:12AM +0100, Renaud Métrich wrote:
[...]
> So what's next now? Since contexts always display now, there is no real
> need for dedicated *--secontext test suite, all this can be integrated
> into the standard test suite (we just need to add "%s" almost everywhere
> for tests that we want to re-run with "strace --secontext").
>
> Shall I do this or just stick to the updated test suite?

The standard test suite is often quite limited, for example, it doesn't
test for the case when the cwd of strace differs from the cwd of its
tracee, which is especially relevant when relative paths are processed
with --secontext.  If you could extend some of traditional tests to cover
this case and make --secontext tests just use them, it would be indeed
a good addition to the test suite.