[GSOC] Introduction and Microproject

Srikavin Ramkumar srikavinramkumar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 22:34:38 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm Srikavin, and I'm currently studying Computer Science and Math at
University of Maryland. I have experience with C and a working
understanding of system internals, and I've used strace in the past to
aid with reverse engineering unknown binaries.

I have not decided on a project idea yet, but I'm looking at "Implement
a syscall parser / parser test generator". I'm still gaining an
understanding of syzkaller's syscall representation [1] and strace's
internals.

Would writing more tests for prctl.c [2] be a good microproject?

[1]:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/docs/syscall_descriptions_syntax.md
[2]: https://codecov.io/gh/strace/strace/src/master/src/prctl.c

-- Srikavin Ramkumar