GSoC status report - #9 of 10

Srikavin Ramkumar srikavinramkumar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 06:57:01 UTC 2021

Hi,

I was at a cybersecurity conference for the majority of last week, so I don't
have any significant progress updates to share this week.

Currently, the code generation works for a large set of syscalls, but there are
still some notable limitations:
 - Arguments are expected to span a single entry in u_args (some syscalls like
   preadv and pwritev take an argument that is split across multiple registers)
 - Arguments with multiple out pointer parameters are not generated.

I also deviated from the original proposal to address certain edge cases that arose
while I was working on this project:
 - I added templated decoders where a custom decoder can be specified for custom
   types including structures to take advantage of already existing code.
 - Support for syzkaller's flags are limited; instead already existing xlat
   definitions are used.

At this point, I'm not sure how I should incorporate this project with the rest
of strace. How should I proceed?

-- Srikavin