wait4 testcase for y2038 systems

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Sat Mar 7 03:22:14 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 07:08:19PM -0800, Alistair Francis wrote:
[...]
> That was along the lines of my original question. Should we skip the
> wait4 test if there is no _NR_wait4 syscall?

Since tests/wait4.c is not a generic test but a specific test of wait4
syscall decoder, I see no other option.

> I was thinking that maybe we shouldn't as the wait4 test doesn't
> actually use the __NR_wait4 syscall directly but insteadll calls libc
> wait4().

The only reason why it employs libc wait4() is that the latter used to be
a reliable and convenient way to invoke __NR_wait4 syscall.

> If you are happy skipping the test that works for me :)

There is no use to test wait4 syscall decoder if there is no wait4
syscall.