GSOC - How do I start?

Eugene Syromiatnikov esyr at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 09:01:56 UTC 2020

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 01:18:03AM +0530, Sid Sharma wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hello.

> I have been using linux for quite a while now and am a huge fan of
> opensource.
> I am confident with my C skills and found that strace is also available for
> Gsoc, but I am fairly new to contributions and have not been part of any
> project until now.
> Can someone guide me how can I start as I would not like to miss this
> opportunity and I am a die hard C and Linux fan.

Thank you for showing your interest in contributing to the strace
project.  Please take a look at [1], [2], [3], and [4] as starting points.
If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.

[1] https://strace.io/wiki/NewContributorGuide
[2] https://strace.io/wiki/MicroProjects
[3] https://strace.io/wiki/FeatureRequests
[4] https://github.com/strace/strace/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+-label%3Apatch