strace 5.3 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Wed Sep 25 15:04:04 UTC 2019
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 5.3 is tagged and uploaded.
This release includes experimental seccomp-bpf support for stopping
tracees only for filtered syscalls, implemented by Paul Chaigon
as part of his GSoC 2019 project.
strace 5.3 would not be as good as it is without significant assistance
by Eugene Syromyatnikov.
$ git tag -v v5.3 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
Noteworthy changes in strace 5.3 (2019-09-25)
* Implemented usage of seccomp-bpf for stopping tracees only for filtered
syscalls. Use --seccomp-bpf option to enable.
* Implemented decoding of pidfd_open and clone3 syscalls.
* Enhanced decoding of io_cancel, io_submit, s390_sthyi, and syslog syscalls.
* Enhanced decoding of NETLINK_ROUTE protocol.
* Implemented decoding of UNIX_DIAG_UID netlink attribute.
* Implemented decoding of WDIOC_* ioctl commands.
* Enchanced syscall count statistics: overhead is now applied per-call,
added ability for sorting on errors field.
* Syscall delay injection and overhead values can now be supplied with
time measure unit suffix and provided in IEEE 754 floating point format.
* Updated lists of AUDIT_*, BPF_*, ETH_*, KEYCTL_*, KVM_*, MAP_*, SO_*, TCP_*, V4L2_*,
XDP_*, and *_MAGIC constants.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 5.3.
* Enhanced manual page.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed syscall tampering on arc, avr32, csky, ia64, m68k, metag, mips,
nios2, or1k, riscv, s390, s390x, sparc, sparc64, and tile architectures
when PTRACE_GET_SYSCALL_INFO is in use.
* Fixed decoding of sockaddr_hci (AF_BLUETOOTH) addresses that lack
* Fixed evdev ioctl bitset decoding.
* Fixed tests on alpha with Linux kernel headers 5.1+.
* Removed support for decoding syscalls in range [1024...1079] on AArch64
architecture as this range has never been implemented in mainline kernel
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Alexey Gladkov
* Anatoly Pugachev
* Bharath Vedartham
* Chen Jingpiao
* Dan Horák
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Jeremy Kerr
* Paul Chaignon
* Pierre Marsais
* Rasmus Villemoes
Please refer to the CREDITS file for the full list of strace contributors.
Note that release notes for the previous 5.2 release have been
retroactively updated in the repository in order to correct inaccuracies.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel