[GSoC]About the DRM ioctl decoding project

Patrik Jakobsson patrik.r.jakobsson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 12:46:39 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 2:25 AM Zhibin Li <haoyouab at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, everyone
>
> GSoC 2019 has come and I saw this DRM ioctl decoding project on strace's
> GSoC wiki. Since there was a series of patch proposal aiming at this, I
> wonder if this project is still available for application? Or was it
> stalled/abandoned because of some complexity? If not, I would like to dive
> into the code base to see what I can do about it :).

Hi strace folks

I spoke to Zhibin regarding his interest in GSoC and that I have
recently been working on getting the drm ioctl decoding patches
finished. I sent out patches earlier today. Since much of the work on
drm and i915 is already done I would propose that Zhibin could
continue with other drivers (nouveau, amdgpu, etc). Any thoughts on
this? Testing for these ioctls could also be an optional project.

Thanks
Patrik