Zhibin Li's GSoC status report - #4 of 12

Zhibin Li haoyouab at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 15:55:37 UTC 2019

Hi all,

As some of you might know, I was stuck at the testing part for a while. So
I think I should now pay more attention to the decoders themselves. TBH not
much accomplishments in last week.

- Discussed about positive testing of various ioctls in the mailing list
but I messed up strace itself with those stuff for test-only purpose.
Thanks for ldv's explanation :).
- Wrote some stuff related to tcp->_priv_data for specifying a device name
at runtime, which is obviously an ugly workaround so it's deprecated. I can
use it to manually test those ioctls myself, though.

Priorities:
- Start to move back to the decoders and rework on general DRM ioctls
because some of them are missing in the original patchset, too.

BTW in my proposal I said this might take the first month but it seems I am
a little bit slow. It takes more time as expected and I will try to
increase my workload.

Thanks,
Zhibin Li