Zhibin Li's GSoC status report - #2 of 12

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Sun Jun 23 10:34:29 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 02:44:16PM +0800, Zhibin Li wrote:
[...]
> BTW may I ask what's the problem/concern of convincing strace to call device
> specific decoders by overwriting the internal tcp->_priv_data? It is no
> injection but what about adding another option, may be something like -e priv=i915.

tcp->_priv_data is something so internal to strace implementation that
nothing else should bother about it.

> I am not sure what the option should look like, but there should be a way to
> specify a specific device when running strace command, right? Any thoughts?

Do you suggest to add an option telling strace to ignore drm_is_driver()
and treat all drm ioctls as if drm_is_driver(tcp, ARG) returned ARG?

Do you thing such an option might be useful beyond the strace test suite?