Zhibin Li's GSoC status report - #9 of 12

Zhibin Li haoyouab at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 13:20:41 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Accomplishments:
- Sent out the RFC patchset and read the comments from esyr. Actually I got
confused with those printing functions like printxval and printflags, also
macros like PRINT_FIELD_PTR, PRINT_FIELD_XVAL, etc.
TBH I used to thought printxval could do all those printing because it looks
so similar with other functions. But as I look into the implementation, I
found the differences among them. printxval is used to print a single value
while printflags can print flags of combination for example FLAG1 | FLAG2,
right? May I ask if there's any docs or description about this? I couldn't
find any so I basically learn them from source code.
- Finished decoding of amdgpu_drm ioctl [1]. Since there are so many issues
in the patch set I've sent. This one could have some similar problems, too.
I need to check them both.

Priorities:
- Revise the patch set and get clear with the internal printing functions.
I've got too many questions and it seems better not to ask here but in that
thread. I will reply later.
- Try to fator out those duplications.
- The tests need revision, too.
- Work on amdgpu_drm and the earlier i915_drm.

[1]
https://github.com/haoyouab/strace/commit/52a630c4e7227b40bbfd1c691cba427ed5788d5b

Thanks,
Zhibin Li