Zhibin Li's GSoC status report - #8 of 12

Zhibin Li haoyouab at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 16:02:45 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Accomplishments:
- Finished all the general decoding, including the DRM ioctl entries added
in Linux 5.2.
- All the checks and tests of general DRM ioctl decoding are done.
- Did some research on nouveau and amdgpu (but I found there are really not
much docs and manuals about nouveau).
- Wrote some initial demo for nouveau and amdgpu, but unfortunately not all
of them worked as expected.

Priorities:
- Maybe dive deep into the source code of nouveau because I can't find many
docs about it. And the demo I wrote obviously showed many problems.
- The next step is amdgpu drm ioctl.

Thanks,
Zhibin Li