Paul Chaignon's GSoC status report - #7 of 12

Paul Chaignon paul.chaignon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 19:47:21 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Accomplishments:
- Wrote and sent RFC for seccomp patchset.  I started addressing some of
  the comments.  Still have to look into the unportable mess (the
  arch-specific constants).
- Send v8 of status patchset.  The -e status qualifier is now part of
  strace 5.2!
- Started writing a PoC of the bit matching logic for syscall numbers.
  The PoC is written in C as it's easier to develop and I can still get a
  good enough idea of what the BPF bytecode should look like by compiling
  to eBPF bytecode (except for 64bit registers, it remains mostly a
  superset of seccomp's cBPF bytecode).  Currently debugging.

Priorities:
- Finish addressing the comments on RFC and send v1 of seccomp patchset.
- Finish bit matching PoC and write C code to generate the equivalent cBPF
  bytecode.

Cheers,
Paul