Paul Chaignon's GSoC status report - #5 of 12

Paul Chaignon paul.chaignon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 20:01:05 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Accomplishments:
- Finished addressing comments on v4 of the status patchset.
- Rebased and sent v5 of the status patchset.  As usual, I spent quite a
  bit of time testing each patch separately with Travis CI and fixing
  small rebase mistakes.
- Sent a patch to change the order of Travis CI test configurations, thus
  making tests faster to fail in case of failures.
- Wrote multithread test for seccomp filtering.  I tried a lot of
  different approaches, but finally found a very simple way to use the
  existing threads-execve test.
- Added a check to avoid using seccomp filtering if there aren't any
  syscalls to filter.  To that end, I added is_complete_set() and
  is_complete_set_array() functions to number_set.c.  I'll rebase to use
  is_complete_set() from the status patchset once merged.
- Started rebasing for the seccomp patchset.

Priorities:
- I'm currently double checking the generation of the BPF bytecode (in
  particular, for any potential error in the generation of jump offsets).
  That part is particularly critical to the seccomp patchset as a bug may
  silently lead to unexpected strace behavior.
- Finish rebasing and send RFC for seccomp patchset.

Paul