strace 4.25 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Tue Oct 30 18:03:34 UTC 2018
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 4.25 is tagged and uploaded.
strace 4.25 would not be as good as it is without significant assistance
by Eugene Syromyatnikov.
$ git tag -v v4.25 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
Noteworthy changes in strace 4.25 (2018-10-30)
* Implemented decoding of KVM_CHECK_EXTENSION and NBD_* ioctl commands.
* Implemented decoding of SOL_XDP socket option names.
* Implemented decoding of AF_PACKET protocols in socket syscall.
* Implemented decoding of AF_AX25 and AF_X25 addresses, protocols,
* Implemented stack trace printing on receiving signals.
* Enhanced xlat styles support configured by -X option.
* Enhanced decoding of IFLA_*, NETCONFA_*, and SMC_DIAG_* netlink attributes.
* Wired up io_pgetevents syscall on arm, sparc, and sparc64.
* Updated lists of AF_*, AUDIT_*, BPF_*, IFLA_*, IN_*, IPSTATS_*,
IPV4_DEVCONF_*, NT_*, SCTP_*, SO_*, SOCK_*, SOL_*, and V4L2_* constants.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 4.19.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed decoding of bit sets in evdev ioctl commands.
* Fixed decoding of EVIOCGBIT(0, ...) ioctl commands.
* Fixed test suite for the case when mlockall and unimplemented syscalls
are explicitly disabled by a seccomp filter.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Elvira Khabirova
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Pierre Marsais
* Zhibin Li
Please refer to the CREDITS file for the full list of strace contributors.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel