Chen Jingpiao's GSoC status report - #1 of #13

Chen Jingpiao chenjingpiao at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:01:18 UTC 2018

On 05/22 10:25, Zhibin Li wrote:

Thank you.

> Hi,
>
> JFYI, I've also tried your reproducer on my laptop using a newly installed
> ubuntu 18.04.
>
> $ uname -r
> 4.17.0-rc5+
> $ ldd --version
> ldd (Ubuntu GLIBC 2.27-3ubuntu1) 2.27
> $ ./strace -eclone ./a.out
> clone(child_stack=NULL,
> flags=CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID|CLONE_CHILD_SETTID|SIGCHLD,
> child_tidptr=0x7fccc3684790) = 3723
> 3723
> +++ exited with 0 +++
> $ dmesg
> [49004.917782] traps: a.out[3723] general protection ip:7fccc3165dfe
> sp:7fff6d775c58 error:0 in libc-2.27.so[7fccc3081000+1e7000]
>
> I'm curious while getting this error log, I still can't reproduce the
> problem you said so I wonder if this error is really the cause of your
> problem.

Sorry for I can not describe this problem well.  You have reproduced the
problem, the tracee output different from directly run it.

If add -f option the child process will work properly. It seems child
process
also set seccomp filter. Because strace do not trace it, they do not work
correctly. I will do more research. Thank you.

--
Chen Jingpiao