[GSoC][RFC]: seccomp-assisted syscall filtering

Chen Jingpiao chenjingpiao at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 02:38:37 UTC 2018

Hi.

I want to apply GSoC again. I am interested in seccomp-assisted syscall
filtering project.

I introduce myself again.

My name is Chen Jingpiao, a junior student in Guangdong Pharmaceutical
University, majoring in Computer Science and Technology. I am familiar with C,
Linux and tools (Git, vim, gdb, find, grep, diff, makefile etc.)
I have accepted strace GSoC 2017 netlink socket parsers project.

I will prepare the work according to the following step:

1. Understand how strace trace a program (or attach a process)
2. How seccomp work
3. How to handle special case:
	* architecture
	* personality
	* -f option
	* subcall
4. How introduce seccomp filter in strace

I'm happy to hear your suggestions or get your help.
Thank you.

--
Chen Jingpiao