strace 4.23 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Thu Jun 14 22:43:01 UTC 2018
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 4.23 is tagged and uploaded.
strace 4.23 would not be as good as it is without significant assistance
by Eugene Syromyatnikov who contributed most of the changes included
in this release.
$ git tag -v v4.23 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
NEWS for strace version 4.23
* Changes in behaviour
* On x32 personality, 64-bit syscalls (such as readv) are now shown with "#64"
suffix instead of "64:" prefix. Unlike the old names, these new names
can be used in syscall qualification expressions.
* Changed error number output format: error numbers are consistently
printed as "-1 ECONST (Error description)"
for known errors and as "-1 (errno 123)" for unknown errors,
regardless of -e raw qualification settings. One can specify
-X raw for displaying raw error numbers unconditionally.
* Unfetchable addresses inside arrays are now printed as comments.
* Obsolete IA-32 mode syscall names are no longer printed on ia64.
* Implemented libdw backend for -k option, configured at build time
using --with-libdw option.
Whether -k option is compiled is now configured at build time
using --enable-stacktrace option.
* Added -X option for configuring xlat output formatting (addresses
Debian bug #692915).
* Added support for personality designation ("64", "32", or "x32") to syscall
qualifications in -e trace expressions.
* Implemented injection of syscalls with no side effects as an alternative
to injection of an invalid syscall (-e inject=SET:syscall= expression).
* Improved support for reproducible builds (addresses Debian bug #896016).
* Implemented decoding of BPF_PROG_QUERY and BPF_RAW_TRACEPOINT_OPEN bpf
* Implemented decoding of INOTIFY_IOC_SETNEXTWD and PERF_EVENT_IOC_* ioctl
* Implemented decoding of PR_GET_SPECULATION_CTRL and PR_SET_SPECULATION_CTRL
prctl syscall options.
* Enhanced decoding of bpf, getsockopt, setsockopt, and socket syscalls.
* Enhanced decoding of NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT and NETLINK_ROUTE protocols.
* Enhanced decoding of *_DIAG_MEMINFO netlink attributes.
* Enhanced decoding of BTRFS_*, FS_IOC_*, SIOCGIFHWADDR, and SIOCSIFHWADDR
* Enhanced decoding of AF_BLUETOOTH socket addresses.
* Implemented decoding of io_pgetevent syscall.
* Wired up rseq syscall.
* Updated lists of ADJ_*, BPF_*, BPF_F_*, BPF_PROG_TYPE_*, ETH_P_*, FPE_*,
IFF_*, IPPROTO_*, MAP_*, MS_*, MSG_*, NETLINK_*, PACKET_*, PROT_*, SCTP_*,
SECCOMP_FILTER_FLAG_*, SEGV_*, SEM_*, SHM_*, SW_*, V4L2_CID_*,
V4L2_CTRL_CLASS_*, and V4L2_PIX_FMT_* constants.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 4.17.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed decoding of msgtyp argument of msgrcv syscall.
* Fixed fallback definitions for F_*, MCL_*, MSG_ZEROCOPY, SI_*,
and SOL_SOCKET constants.
* Fixed -e trace=%pure expression on mips.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Andre McCurdy
* Chris Lamb
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Harsha Sharma
* Mark Wielaard
* Masatake YAMATO
* Zhibin Li
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel