Zhibin Li's GSoC status report - #11 of #13

Zhibin Li haoyouab at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:28:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

Last week I was writing tests for evdev.c and I found one strange part in
it. It seems ioctl(fd, EVIOCGBIT(EV_SYN, EV_MAX), arg) cannot be decoded
correctly. I found that there are event types and event codes and
EVIOCGBIT(0, len) are used to get event types (not like others which are
used to get respective event codes). I asked on IRC and eSyr told me that
there's no EV_SYN in EVIOCGBIT, it's a bug in decoder. In order to fix
this bug, I read the kernel source code drivers/input/evdev.c and
include/uapi/linux/input-event-codes.h to find the cause and solution.
I modified that part of the decoder and it works.

TODO:
Part of my time was spent on figuring out those IOC_* macros and how
EVIOCGBIT really works so I didn't write many tests so this week I have to
catch up and finish tests for evdev.

Zhibin Li