Zhibin Li's GSoC status report - #8 of #13

Zhibin Li 08826794brmt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 05:48:05 UTC 2018

Hi,

Last week I'd written tests for net-related code. You can find them on my
own branch[0]. They are all for printers in net.c. It's messy if you take
a look at my branch, though. And I will rebase them to master branch later.

This week I will continue to write tests (I'm looking into evdev now). If
there are any tests that are more important and need more effort, please
let me know :).

Questions: I noticed that print_tpacket_stats and print_icmp_filter in
print_getsockopt are not yet covered and I wonder if using injection just
like what other tests are doing is ok. I tried injection on
print_tpacket_stats and it seems that works. Besides, according to the man
page, successful operations of AF_PACKET requires CAP_NET_RAW capability
and root user can generally do that. I remembered ldv mentioned root-only
tests before. Do we have to sort all the tests into two or more categories
at first? And then create something such as a filter to make the procedures
of root-only tests as well as non-root tests transparent to those who run
the test suite. Any other thoughts you guys can share?

[0]https://github.com/haoyouab/strace/commits/stuff

Zhibin Li