strace 4.26 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Thu Dec 27 02:14:54 UTC 2018
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 4.26 is tagged and uploaded.
$ git tag -v v4.26 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
Noteworthy changes in strace 4.26 (2018-12-26)
* The test suite is now provided under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.
* All the rest of strace is now provided under the terms of
the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1 or later.
* Changes in behavior
* If strace is interrupted by a signal it handles (currently
one of HUP, INT, QUIT, PIPE, or TERM), strace terminates
itself with this signal.
* Implemented obtainment of system call information using
PTRACE_GET_SYSCALL_INFO ptrace API.
* Implemented decoding of PTRACE_GET_SYSCALL_INFO ptrace request.
* Implemented decoding of BLKGETZONESZ, BLKGETNRZONES, and RND* ioctl
* Enhanced xlat styles support configured by -X option.
* Enhanced internet address formatting in structureless contexts.
* Enhanced decoding of getsockopt SO_ERROR option.
* Enhanced error diagnostics when the first exec fails.
* Added %net as a short form of %network in syscall specifications.
* Updated lists of ABS_*, BPF_*, FAN_*, IFA_*, IFLA_*, KVM_CAP_*, NETLINK_*,
NTF_*, PR_SPEC_*, REL_*, SOL_*, TCA_*, and V4L2_* constants.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 4.20.
* Enhanced manual page.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed "xlat_idx: Unexpected xlat value 0" warnings.
* Fixed sthyi output format on s390.
* Documented -X option in strace -h output.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Dmitry Vyukov
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Jamal Hadi Salim
* Janosch Frank
* Masatake YAMATO
* Rasmus Villemoes
* Shankara Pailoor
Please refer to the CREDITS file for the full list of strace contributors.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel