[RFC/PATCH v1 1/3] fix decoder of ioctl EVIOCGBIT

Eugene Syromiatnikov esyr at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 22:05:37 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 10:50:16PM +0800, Zhibin Li wrote:
> About the xlat style stuff. Should I change EV_SYN to 0 in xlat/evdev_ev.in
> instead?

That probably makes sense, since there's only one place where it is
used, and it is for EVIOCGBIT decoding.

> > Any documentation or  references regarding this concept?  I'm looking into
> > xlat.c and those related commits now.

Unfortunately, no.  The overall gist is to process all "named
constant"-like data through print*{xlat,flags,xval} and the like in
order to be able to configure its representation freely (so far, it's
-X raw/verbose, but I'm also thinking about adding custom output
formatting options, like oct/dev/hex, or so).