I: GSoC 2018 community bonding period started

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Wed Apr 25 01:37:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

Today, Apr 24, is the first day of the official GSoC 2018 community
bonding period that turns into official coding period on May 14.

First of all, I'd like to use this opportunity to thank everyone who
applied this year.  Most of applications were fine but, unfortunately,
this year we could accept only two of them.  If your application
hasn't been accepted this year, please consider trying again next year.

Here is our small team of strace GSoC students this year:

Chen Jingpiao with project "seccomp-assisted syscall filtering":
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5194902636331008

Zhibin Li with project "Comprehensive test suite":
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5131155389546496

Students, please remember that development communication should take place
here, in this mailing list.  This allows the whole strace development
community to contribute ideas, try out your code, send feedback, etc.
In fact, you're encouraged to review the code submitted by other students.

There is also #strace IRC channel for a chat.

Only personal issues should be discussed in private.  If you really need
to discuss something in private, please contact both mentors.