strace 4.22 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Thu Apr 5 13:27:00 UTC 2018
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 4.22 is tagged and uploaded.
strace 4.22 would not be as good as it is without significant assistance
by Eugene Syromyatnikov who contributed most of the changes included
in this release.
$ git tag -v v4.22 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
NEWS for strace version 4.22
* Changes in infrastructure
* The mailing list was moved to strace-devel at lists.strace.io.
* SourceForge git repository
(https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/code/ci/master/tree/) is no longer
maintained. Please use GitLab (https://gitlab.com/strace/strace/)
or GitHub (https://github.com/strace/strace/) repository instead.
* Changes in behaviour
* When printing string data, '8' and '9' following an octal escape sequence
no longer lead to unabbreviated octal escape sequence output, as they used
* Angle brackets are now printed as octal number escape sequences
in the output of paths associated with file descriptors.
* Data dump for write syscalls (-e write) is performed regardless
of successfulness of these syscall (addresses Debian bug #436284).
* -r and -t options are now affect output independently. Previously,
-r option led to ignoring of the -t option (addresses Debian bug #466195).
* Implemented delay injection (-e inject=SET:delay_enter= and
-e inject=SET:delay_exit= options).
* Added -A option for opening output files in append mode
(addresses Debian bug #528488).
* IPv6 addresses shown in socket information in -yy mode are now printed
* Enhanced decoding of bpf, prctl and ptrace syscalls.
* Enhanced decoding of BTRFS_IOC_INO_PATHS, BTRFS_IOC_LOGICAL_INO, and PTP_*
* Enhanced NETLINK_ROUTE protocol decoding.
* Updated lists of signal codes.
* Updated lists of BPF_*, BTN_*, ETH_P_*, INET_DIAG_BC_*, KEY_*, POLL*, RWF_*,
SCHED_FLAG_*, SCTP_* and error constants.
* Implemented block/character device number printing in -yy mode.
* Known pixel/SDR format names are printed as comments for pixelformat fields
in v4l2 structures.
* Enhanced decoding of kern_features syscall.
* Enhanced NETLINK_NETFILTER netlink protocol decoder.
* Optimized handling of large number of tracees.
* Improved wall clock time measurement in syscall count statistics
(-c -w option).
* Extended the range of allowed values in -e inject=...:retval= expression.
* Added i18n support.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 4.16.
* Enhanced manual page.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed build on m68k.
* Fixed v4l2 pixelformat decoding on big-endian architectures.
* Fixed -O option.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
Dmitry V. Levin
J. Bruce Fields
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel