strace 4.19 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Tue Sep 5 16:46:37 UTC 2017
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new version of linux
kernel, so strace 4.19 is tagged and uploaded.
strace 4.19 would not be as good as it is without significant assistance
by Eugene Syromyatnikov.
This release contains a significantly enhanced netlink parser, thanks
to JingPiao Chen who prepared for merge the remaining parts of the code
written by Fabien Siron last year, and wrote a lot of code and tests
as a part of his GSoC 2017 strace project.
$ git tag -v v4.19 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
NEWS for strace version 4.19
* Changes in behaviour
* Changed formatting of personality names on tile architecture in order
to make it in line with other multi-personality architectures.
* Changed field output order in struct v4l2_requestbuffers to improve in/out
* Changed handling of multiple signal= specifications in an injection
expression: multiple specification now leads to error instead of implicit
usage the last specification.
* Enhanced decoding of optlen argument of getsockopt syscall.
* Enhanced decoding of SO_LINGER option of getsockopt and setsockopt syscalls.
* Enhanced decoding of SO_PEERCRED option of getsockopt syscall.
* Enhanced decoding of IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, IP_DROP_MEMBERSHIP,
IPV6_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, IPV6_DROP_MEMBERSHIP, IPV6_JOIN_ANYCAST,
IPV6_LEAVE_ANYCAST, MCAST_JOIN_GROUP, and MCAST_LEAVE_GROUP options
of setsockopt syscall.
* Enhanced decoding of KEYCTL_DH_COMPUTE operation of keyctl syscall
(KDF parameters decoding).
* Implemented decoding of KEYCTL_RESTRICT_KEYRING operation of keyctl syscall.
* Enhanced decoding of UFFDIO_API ioctl command.
* Enhanced decoding of BPF_PROG_LOAD, BPF_MAP_CREATE, BPF_MAP_LOOKUP_ELEM,
and BPF_MAP_GET_NEXT_KEY commands of bpf syscall.
* Implemented decoding of linux socket filter programs specified
for SO_ATTACH_FILTER and SO_ATTACH_REUSEPORT_CBPF socket options.
* Implemented decoding of inet_diag_req_v2, inet_diag_req_compat,
packet_diag_msg, and smc_diag_msg netlink attributes of NETLINK_SOCK_DIAG.
* Implemented NETLINK_SELINUX protocol specific decoding.
* Implemented decoding of netlink message ack flags.
* Implemented decoding of nlmsgerr netlink attributes.
* Implemented basic protocol specific decoding of NETLINK_CRYPTO.
* Implemented decoding of crypto_user_alg netlink attributes
* Implemented basic protocol specific decoding of addr, addrlabel, dcb, link,
mdb, neigh, neightbl, netconf, nsid, route, rule, tc, and tca messages
* Implemented decoding of NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT messages.
* Improved handling of unexpected tracees (the ones that cloned with
CLONE_PARENT/CLONE_PTRACE or called PTRACE_TRACEME on themselves): they
are now PTRACE_DETACH'ed instead of PTRACE_CONT'ed.
* Updated lists of BPF_*, KEY_*, RWF_*, SCM_*, SO_*, and *_MAGIC constants.
* Added decoding of arch_prctl syscall on x86.
* Added decoding of seccomp, bpf, userfaultfd, membarrier, mlock2,
copy_file_range, preadv2, pwritev2, and statx on alpha.
* Added decoding of statx syscall on microblaze.
* Added decoding of s390_guarded_storage syscall on s390.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 4.13.
* Enhanced manual page.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed printing of group_req structure on non-native personalities.
* Fixed output formatting of blkpg_ioctl_arg, dm_name_list, and iocb
* Fixed formatting of nul-terminated strings which have kernel-imposed size
* Fixed printing of paths that hit PATM_MAX limit in order to match kernel's
* Fixed build warnings on Android mips64.
* Fixed unused function "is_negated_errno" build warning when built
* Fixed syscall number and arguments retrieval behaviour on sparc64 and
mips o32 after prctl(PR_SET_DUMPABLE, 0) makes PTRACE_PEEKTEXT impossible
to use if Linux kernel has commit v4.10-rc1~114^2~2.
* Fixed path tracing for execveat, symlink, symlinkat, inotify_add_watch,
and inotify_init syscalls.
* Fixed personality switch printing on sparc64 and risc-v.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
Dmitry V. Levin
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel