Conflicting projects.

Eugene Syromiatnikov esyr at redhat.com
Fri May 12 15:12:38 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 09:34:21PM +0700, Nikolay Marchuk wrote:
> Hello,
> I found that my Gsoc project and Victor Krapivenskiy's project are
> conflicting because both of them include syscall filtering. My solution
> of this conflict is to remove filtering part from Viktor's project and I
> will add filtering action to inject script for Victor's project.
>
> I am waiting for another suggestions, if my solution is unsuitable for
> somebody.

They are not in conflict, from my point of view, since your project is
about the way specific syscall is selected for processing by strace,
and Victor's project is about how that processing is done. Granted, this
processing can result in additional filtering of the syscall out of
strace's scope in order to avoid limiting the generality of processing,
but the main point of Victor's work is providing mechanisms and
infrastructure for processing.