GSOC: Project Proposal

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Fri Mar 24 02:29:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 06:22:51PM +0530, Abhishek Tiwari wrote:
> Sir,
> I have gone through mailing list to understand what has been
> implemented in netlink socket parser.
>
> >From what I understand, the netlink packet decoding has been done.
> I have done socket programming and am known to the system calls that
> server or client makes. However I'm having trouble understanding from
> where to get started.
>
> >From where can I get started to learn about the netlink implementation
> in strace and what protocols have been implemented?
>
> Below is link to my GSOC project proposal.
> Please provide your valuable feedback.
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_1z-RleSlGBTEKNeOumtSu3GX6sM7RSXQt1Lt6qzC4I/edit?usp=sharing

In this document, you wrote:
"I would be having a regular summer internship, however I can assure to
give atleast 10 hours a week."

Please pay attention at this:
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq#how_much_time_does_gsoc_participation_take
"How much time does GSoC participation take?

You are expected to spend around 30+ hours a week working on your project
during the 3 month coding period. If you already have an internship,
another summer job, or plan to be gone on vacation for more than a week
during that time, GSoC is not the right program for you this year."