GSoC: Introduction

Israel vianney israelvianney01 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 19:36:45 UTC 2017

Hi

On Mar 13, 2017 18:44, "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 06:55:44AM +0100, Israel vianney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Vianney Israel a second year undergraduate computer science student
in
> ISICOM University from Cameroon. I am new to open-source and i wish to
> contribute to Strace as for Gsoc 2017.
> I am familiar with C, git and system/shell programming.

Thanks for showing interest in strace GSoC projects.

> Also, i have cloned and build the strace code base and had 54 test
skipped,
> i have looked into some old mails and noticed Sumit Sardana had
experienced
> a similar case so i just suppose i have a different architecture from what
> Dmitri replied. (hope i am right)
>
> I have also looked at the list of projects and my interest is in the
> "Comprehensive test suits" project.
>
> I wish to get myself more involved in Open-Source and system programing
and
> will appreciate any help or advices.

If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please I 've gone through the tests and test folder in the source code
trying to understand the used format, I also checked on codecov what is
left to be done as for the testing, then noticed some files with 100% miss
but then in the cloned code the testing of those functions have been
implemented. So it got me alittle confused. Please I will apreciate if
someone can clarify things for me. I am not very verse with codecov. Thanks
in advance