GSoC 2017 introduction

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Mon Mar 6 22:10:01 UTC 2017

Hi Victor,

On Sun, Mar 05, 2017 at 06:31:31PM +0300, Victor Krapivensky wrote:
> Hi everybody! My name is Victor Krapivensky and I am a first-year
> student at MIPT.
>
> I want to implement Lua-scriptable advanced syscall tampering for
> strace.
>
> I am quite fluent in C, have an interest in system programming and
> debugging, and have good understanding of how Lua C API works.
>
> I have previously contributed to i3 and mpv (see GitHub pull requests
> by author), and am currently developing my own project, luastatus [1].
>
> [1] https://github.com/shdown/luastatus

Thanks for showing interest in strace GSoC projects.

As you have probably noticed in our ideas page at
https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCode2017/
it is required that students who want to apply to the strace project for
the GSoC 2017 complete a relatively small code-related "microproject" as
part of their application.

You can refer to our guidelines and suggestions for microprojects at
https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/wiki/Microprojects/

Please do not hesitate to ask questions as soon as you've got them.