GSOC-2017

Rishi Bhatt bhatt.rishi062 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 12:46:18 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I am new to open source community and i want to be a security researcher
but i want to first contribute to the open source community and thus i am
participating in GSOC to kickstart my contribution to Open-Source.I am
currently a 2nd year B.TECH student from India ,my college is Dhirubhai
Ambani Institute of information and communication technology.

I have used strace for my project just to know what it do and how it do.I
want to contribute to strace so lets start with  the Netlink socket parsers
project how can i get started to work on this?

 Also i have done a course on system software and i know the basics of
system software and i find it pretty interesting so i want to dig deep and
i want to do a project related to system software that's the reason working
with  strace is important to me,so that i can learn more about system
programming with a real life experience.

Courses i have done:
C,Data structure in C++,object oriented programming in java,basic python,
System programming:
In system programming  if i go in detail i know about Exception control
flow,processes,signals,job control,multithreaded programs.

I am currently working on a tinyShell project which is basically will be a
job control shell.
link:https://github.com/rishi62/TinyShell

Thanks,
Rishi bhatt