JingPiao Chen's GSoC status report - #5 of 13

JingPiao Chen chenjingpiao at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 04:55:16 UTC 2017

It was too bad last week, it seem did nothing.
I fixed some code, merged some patch.

This week, I will fix packet_diag_msg, smc_diag_msg and inet_diag_req
attribute decode, and extend the macro in tests/test_nlattr.h,
make it suit for more case, because now I can not use them in
tests/nlattr_inet_diag_req.c.

I want to reiterate my goal, I will decode NETLINK_ROUTE attribute,
NETLINK_XFRM and NETLINK_NETFILTER, but in the future several week,
I want to focus on fix the previous code, and send them to mailing list.

Is there any suggestion to give me?
Does anyone want to get involved?

Now is easy to write message type decoder, and protocol decoder.
Netlink socket parsers a big project for me,
I hope there will be more people contribute to it.

Thank you Masatake YAMATO decoded NETLINK_GENERIC message types
and wrote genl_families_xlat() function, these reduce my work.

Thank you Dmitry V. Levin write TEST_NLATTR_* macros,
now write common case nlattr test is simple.

The code on my branch:

NETLINK_ROUTE header messages decode.
NETLINK_SELINUX decode.
NETLINK_AUDIT decode.
NETLINK_CRYPTO decode.

The change I will do:

* Using PRINT_FIELD_* macros print structure field.
* Add "const" qualifier to auto variables and function arguments.
* I think I should write a TEST_NLATTR like macro to test netlink
header messages decode.

p.s.
It seem too long, I am not a native English speaker,
if there is any mistake, please indicate.

--
JingPiao Chen