GSOC : Introducing myself

Animesh Kashyap annimesh2809 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:24:41 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 12:20 AM, Eugene Syromyatnikov <evgsyr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, strace itself does not utilise bug tracker of any sort; bugs and
> suggestions usually reported via this mailing list (like suggestion
> [1], reported recently). You can try to have a look at lists of bugs
> related to strace packages in various distributions (like [2] or [3]),
> but these are mostly loosely related since they are reported against
> old versions and most of them are ususally reported upstream and fixed
> or get stale.

Hello,

I read the resources provided and am reading the mailing list. I have
successfully cloned and built strace. There are two projects specified
on the wiki page :
"https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCode2017/" :
1) Adding tests for better coverage
2) Adding new classes for -e trace=class.

Should I start working on one of these or is there some other small
feature that does not require much knowledge of internals of strace
that I should work on?

Thanks,
 Animesh