Nikolay Marchuk's GSoC status report - #11 of 13

Nikolay Marchuk marchuk.nikolay.a at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 09:26:42 UTC 2017

Hello, strace community!

Project: Advanced syscall filtering syntax.

Accomplishments: this week I've been working on fixing issues in my implementation, writing tests and documentation.
Testing for filtering part of strace is difficult, because it wasn't fully tested before my changes applied. Testing is
mostly manual and I've already found some "sleeping" issues. (And I found issue with poll/ppoll path tracing yesterday
before it was fixed)

Currently, I am working on new version of filtering, with inclusion global path tracing in trace filter action,
new syscall invocation number filter. (But I don't have a name for it) and new tests.