GSoC 2017 Introduction: Netlink socket parsers

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Mon Apr 17 13:40:13 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 05:39:59PM +0800, JingPiao Chen wrote:
> I updated the patch[1] and the proposal draft[2].
> Please provide some feedback.
> [1]https://github.com/ppiao/strace/tree/nl-socket

As I said, every logically separate change must go to an individual commit,
the way Fabien did in his branch.  You can rebase/fix/whatever commits
made by Fabien, but please don't squash them -- nobody is going to spend
time on a squashed netlink branch.

I've just pushed several netlink related commits to master, you can review
them and use as examples of commit separation, too.

Note that at least some of commits in netlink branch contain bugs,
including design bugs.  For example, the first commit "Add support for
NLMSG_ERROR and NLMSG_DONE" stops netlink processing when NLMSG_ERROR
or NLMSG_DONE is encountered, which is incorrect.