GSoC 2017: proposal v2

Edgar Kaziahmedov edos at linux.com
Mon Apr 3 14:06:02 UTC 2017

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 15:46:03 +0300
"Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 02:35:17PM +0200, Eugene Syromiatnikov wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 02, 2017 at 04:29:36AM +0300, Edgar Kaziahmedov wrote:
> > > https://github.com/edosedgar/xs-pkg/blob/master/proposal.txt
> >
> > The other thing (besides syscallents.h) I think might useful to
> > leverage is the current syscall filtering mechanism, so it would be
> > possible to check out which system calls are filtered by the
> > provided filtering expression, like "-e info=0,write,%sched -e
> > info=!file".
>
> Yet, this information is stored in syscallent.h files.
An actually, I think I will be able to implement the basic processing of
filtering expressions in this program.

> > Note also that syscall number does depend on leveraged personality
> > (and the way syscall is called on some architectures, like x86_64).
>
> This is something we might want to be able to filter in the future.
Yes, I suppose that the first release of this program will be quite
draft and support just x86_64 and it will be time to think about some
layer between all archs and the main layer of asinfo tool.

> > Also I do not see much sense in separating this code into a separate
> > executable (after leveraging both syscallents and qualify code).
>
> Imagine the tool includes all syscallent.h files to support all
> architectures.

In the short time available, should I add this feature to proposal?
Because in my opinion, I reflcted the main idea in existing version.

Regards,
Edgar Kaziakhmedov