Help with the test for "strace -e trace=%sched"

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Mon May 30 12:55:13 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 05:20:51PM +0530, haris iqbal wrote:
> I need a little help wit the test for the new feature of "strace -e".
>
> Should it be just a script running "run_strace -fe trace=%sched >
> /dev/null", just like the way "-f" option is checked
>
> or
>
> should it also contain a c program calling the specific "sched_*" functions?

I suggest adopting already existing sched_* tests and programs they use.

It's likely that those of sched_* tests that use run_strace_match_diff
will continue working with their -e trace=* replaced with -e trace=%sched.

Every test that survives this change could be cloned and changed to check
trace=%sched.