testcase rename seems incorrect

Wei Yulan weiyulanaheadlead at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 02:40:39 UTC 2016

> 在 2016年3月23日,下午11:51,Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at altlinux.org> 写道:
>
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 08:17:07PM +0800, 魏宇蓝 wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am new to here, and I am reading the codebase today. Here is something I found made me confused.
>>
>> After built all test cases, I run this commands following:
>>
>> [vagrant at localhost:~/strace-code/tests ]$ touch rename_old
>
> What do you mean by creating this file?
>

> --
> ldv

Thanks for your reply.

As we known, it can be divided into two situations when calling rename. One is rename a exist file. Another is rename a non-exist file.

I try to create a empty file to test the former situation, but the real output is not same as expected output. In rename.test, it test the latter situation only. Should we consider the former situation for rename.test?

Sincerely,
Wei Yulan
Computer Science
College of Computer Science and Technology
Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics