testcase rename seems incorrect

魏宇蓝 weiyulanaheadlead at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 12:17:07 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am new to here, and I am reading the codebase today. Here is something I found made me confused.

After built all test cases, I run this commands following:

[vagrant at localhost:~/strace-code/tests ]$ touch rename_old
[vagrant at localhost:~/strace-code/tests ]$ ../strace -erename -a35 ./rename
rename("rename_old", "rename_new") = 0
rename("rename_old", "rename_new") = 0 ENOENT (Success)
+++ exited with 0 +++
+++ exited with 0 +++

The expected output and the real output is not the same, but it still pass the test.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Wei Yulan
Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
College of Computer Science and Technology
Undergraduate