[GSOC] Self-introduction

Grace O'Hair-Sherman gohairsh at ucsc.edu
Sun Mar 20 23:07:12 UTC 2016

Hello!

I’m a Computer Science major and a member of my university’s Linux
Users’ Group and I’m interested in contributing to strace,
specifically the Structured output project involving parsing strace
output as JSON as suggested by Philippe Ombredanne.

I’ve used and scripted in BASH for almost two years, and I am
proficient in Git and JSON. I have experience writing JSON by hand and
writing a Python script to automatically generate it from comma
separated values. I have a working knowledge of C. Although I lack a
lot of experience with it, I’m a fast and thorough learner and I will
put in the time to improve my skills.

Right now I’m preparing by looking at your repository and brushing up
on C. Any suggestions for other preparation I can do?

I’m really excited for the opportunity to contribute to such a
long-running open source project! Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Grace O’Hair-Sherman

gohairsh at ucsc.edu
University of California, Santa Cruz