GSOC 2016

ayushIIITD ayush12029 at iiitd.ac.in
Sun Mar 13 18:54:13 UTC 2016

Hi,
Thanks for the response.

No the tool is not published. This tool is a part of my research, and we just submitted our research to FSE 2016. We’ll open source it once it gets published.

I can see strace currently supports 13 output formats.
Regarding GSOC 2016, I can see one of the projects “Refactor the output-related code to support JSON as an output format” still listed despite it being there for the past two years.
I can see the reason for this not being a part of the main codebase, is because the patch was too big to be accepted.
I’d like to streamline this code and submit it in form of a number of smaller patches.
Given the patch, it makes it extremely easy to reverse engineer what he did and also understand the changes that need to be made.

I’d like to take this up for the upcoming GSOC.
Initially I think I can submit a small patch, just declaring the print functions for the json format, in the definitions header (def.h) file as a part of my proposal.

I’d like to know your thoughts on the same!

Thanks
Ayush Goel