GSOC Queries : Structured Output

Vineet Purswani vineetp at iitk.ac.in
Sun Mar 6 12:57:50 UTC 2016

Greetings strace Community,

My name is Vineet Purswani and I am a fourth year Computer Science MTech
Integrated student at IIT Kanpur, India. I am interested in knowing more
about a project listed on strace GSOC ideas page - *Structured output.*

I have a great interest in Computer Systems, specifically operating
systems, computer architecture and cloud computing. I have worked on NACHOS
to test some of the scheduling algorithms, demand paging techniques,
implemented condition variables and semaphores. I did an architecture
project to get my hands on over cache hierarchy techniques and branch &
target predictors. I am currently working on computer security projects,
wherein I have done control hijacking, privilege separation, learnt about
several symbolic execution techniques like DART, KLEE & EXE. I have a basic
knowledge of compiler design, databases, functional programming, machine
learning and computer security as well. You can find my work here:
https://github.com/vineetpurswani

*Kindly guide me as to how do I start working on this idea? Which bug
fix/enhancement should I work on? Expectations in proposal?*
Kindly share any details that you would like to share or any questions that
you may have for me regarding this GSOC project.

Let me know what you think. Thanks a lot.

Yours Sincerely
Vineet Purswani
IIT Kanpur