[GSOC] 4.11, 4.12 build results on Open Build Service

Jeff Mahoney jeffm at suse.com
Wed Jun 8 12:16:03 UTC 2016

On 6/8/16 7:52 AM, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 08:56:14AM -0400, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
> [...]
>> FYI, the build service can sync from a git repo directly.
>>
>> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_SourceService
>>
>> You can use my blktrace package as an example:
>>
>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:jeff_mahoney:branches:filesystems/blktrace#
>>
>> The _service file contains the details on how to sync it.
>
> Nice.  Could .deb packages be built this way, too?

As I understand it, the source services component is separate from the
packaging component, so it should be sufficient to provide debian build
control files (or whatever they're called) and use the generated tarball
the same way you'd use it from an RPM spec file.

I've never used OBS to build anything but RPMs though.  I know it's
possible to build .debs.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney