Preparing for the next release: call for testing

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sat Jun 4 13:23:53 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 02:26:14PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>I never did get around to working out the last few test case failures
>with 4.11 on s390x, so I'm happy with 4.12 I won't have to! :-)

Minor tweaks from the Debian side for 4.12:

 * I've dropped the libunwind option from the build for now on amd64,
   as it caused issues with the strace udeb that we provide for use in
   debian-installer development (#826223).

 * The strace -S test fails when building/running using a 32-bit
   userspace and a 64-bit kernel - the output includes both 64-bit and
   32-bit tracing which confuses the test. I have a hacky fix.

 * I've tweaked the package build to always run make check with
   VERBOSE=1 to make failures more useful in the build log.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,