[GSOC] 4.11, 4.12 build results on Open Build Service

Yun-Chih Chen b03902074 at ntu.edu.tw
Fri Jun 3 00:35:55 UTC 2016

Hi, strace community:
    My name is Yunchih[1], one of Strace's GSOC student this year.  I
mainly work on testing strace on multiple architectures.
    Here's [2][3] the result of building strace 4.11, 4.12,
respectively, on Open Build Service against multiple platforms, in
architectures including: i386, x86_64, aarch64, armv6l, armv7l, ppc,
ppc64, ppc64el.  In the 4.11 repository, The Debian control and source
tar balls are based on Debian's current sid release[4] maintained by
Steve McIntyre.  In the 4.12 repository, the source is based on commit
ed1f206[5] while the Debian control and RPM specfile based on
these[6][7].
    There are some failed tests in each repository.  In particular,
there is a major failure in armv6l in both repo.  i586 in 4.12 fails
with one testcase.  It might be due to misconfiguration of build flags
or something related to QEMU, which is not clear to me.  I'd be highly
grateful if someone can provide insights into these, or what might be
my next step.  Thanks a lot!!

Sincerely,

Yunchih

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6209958450298880