[GSOC] Try to run debootstrap+chroot to test strace

Yun-Chih Chen b03902074 at ntu.edu.tw
Fri Jul 1 06:04:33 UTC 2016

Hi, strace community:
    I am working on this project[1] and have been stuck at some points
for a few days.  I'm using this script [2] to setup QEMU emulation.
i386 was okay.  I also tried sparc [3] and mips [4].  It seems that in
the case of sparc, with the combination of `debootstrap --arch sparc`
and `qemu-sparc-static`, executable cannot be run(maybe due to wrong
binary format).  In the case of mips, the config file of `gawk` is
having some syntax error [5].
    There is another pitfall: choose the correct combination of
`debootstrap --arch xxx` and `qemu-yyy-static`.  Sometimes xxx != yyy.
    Anyone has suggestion about working around these?  Is there a
collection of tools in RPM-based distro that is similar to
debootstrap+chroot?

    Thanks

Yunchih

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6209958450298880